It is more comfortable to start your studies when you have first taken care of a few practical things. More precise and comprehensive information on practical things related to the start of studies can be found in the above Guide for New Students, but here is a list of a few of the most essential things:
- Confirm the study place, enrol as attending and pay the ArtSU membership fee. Detailed information for new students can be found on the Intro site of the University of the Arts Helsinki, but for future reference, the instructions on paying the membership fee can also be found here.
- Order astudent card. This can be done on theFrank website. At the beginning of the autumn, it takes a while for the plastic student card to arrive, so it is also worthwhile downloading the electronic student card or carrying the proof of attendance that you receive from your academy.
- Get a roof over your head. You can get help for finding housinghere. Also remember to submit anotification of change of address!
- Apply forstudent financial aid and housing allowance. They are applied for electronically onKela'swebsite, where you can also find detailed instructions for the financial aid jungle.
- Get to knowpublic transport.Get an HSL app or a travel card and update your student status.
- Find out when your studies begin. There is more information on this (and many other things relating to the studies) inIntro.
- Be sure to take advantage of varioushealth and well-beingservices for students, affordablestudent lunchesand otherbenefits and student discounts that you are entitled to as a member of ArtSU..
- Follow ArtSU'scommunication, join oureventsand take anactive part in the student community!