It is more comfortable to start your studies when you have first taken care of a few practical things. More precise and comprehensive information on practical things related to the start of studies can be found in the above Guide for New Students, but here is a list of a few of the most essential things:
- Confirm the study place, enrol as attending and pay the ArtSU membership fee. Detailed information for new students can be found on the Intro site of the University of the Arts Helsinki, but for future reference, the instructions on paying the membership fee can also be found here. opiskelijoille suunnatulta sivustolta, mutta vastaisuuden varalle ohjeet jäsenmaksun maksamiseen löytyvät myös here.
- Order a student card. This can be done on the Frank website. At the beginning of the autumn, it takes a while for the plastic student card to arrive, so it is also worthwhile downloading the electronic student card or carrying the proof of attendance that you receive from your academy.
- Get a roof over your head. You can get help for finding housing here. Also remember to submit a notification of change of address!
- Apply for student financial aid and housing allowance. They are applied for electronically on Kela's website, where you can also find detailed instructions for the financial aid jungle.
- Get to know public transport. Get an HSL app or a travel card and update your student status.
- Find out when your studies begin. There is more information on this (and many other things relating to the studies) in opiskelijoille suunnatulta sivustolta.
- Be sure to take advantage of various health and well-being services for students, affordable student lunches and other benefits and student discounts that you are entitled to as a member of ArtSU..
- Follow ArtSU's communication, join our events and take an active part in the student community!